The ASTRA Toolbox¶
The ASTRA Toolbox is a MATLAB and Python toolbox of high-performance GPU primitives for 2D and 3D tomography.
We support 2D parallel and fan beam geometries, and 3D parallel and cone beam. All of them have highly flexible source/detector positioning.
A large number of 2D and 3D algorithms are available, including FBP, SIRT, SART, CGLS.
The basic forward and backward projection operations are GPU-accelerated, and directly callable from MATLAB and Python to enable building new algorithms.
The source code of the ASTRA Toolbox is available on GitHub.
- For those visiting ICTMS 2019 in Australia, we will host an ASTRA workshop there on 22 July 2019.
- We now have development Python packages available from ASTRA git master on conda. Quick installation instructions:
conda install -c astra-toolbox/label/dev astra-toolbox.
- From 5 to 7 April 2017, the Vision Lab organizes an ASTRA Toolbox training session at the University of Antwerp. For more information, please go to http://www.visielab.uantwerpen.be/events/astra-toolbox-training-school .
- 7 dec 2016: ASTRA v1.8 released
- ASTRA v1.8 for Windows 64 bit CUDA/MATLAB: astra-1.8-matlab-win-x64.zip
- ASTRA v1.8 for Windows 64 bit CUDA/Python 2.7: astra-1.8-python27-win-x64.zip
- ASTRA v1.8 for Windows 64 bit CUDA/Python 3.5: astra-1.8-python35-win-x64.zip
- ASTRA v1.8 Source Code for Linux: astra-1.8.tar.bz2
- ASTRA v1.7.1beta(!) Source Code for Linux, with MPI support: astra-1.7.1beta_MPI.tar.bz2
- ASTRA v1.8 Source Code for Windows (Visual Studio 2015): astra-1.8.zip
If you use the ASTRA Toolbox for your research, we would appreciate it if you would refer to the following papers:
- W. van Aarle, W. J. Palenstijn, J. Cant, E. Janssens, F. Bleichrodt, A. Dabravolski, J. De Beenhouwer, K. J. Batenburg, and J. Sijbers, “Fast and Flexible X-ray Tomography Using the ASTRA Toolbox”, Optics Express, 24(22), 25129-25147, (2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/OE.24.025129
- W. van Aarle, W. J. Palenstijn, J. De Beenhouwer, T. Altantzis, S. Bals, K. J. Batenburg, and J. Sijbers, “The ASTRA Toolbox: A platform for advanced algorithm development in electron tomography”, Ultramicroscopy, 157, 35–47, (2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ultramic.2015.05.002
Additionally, if you use parallel beam GPU code, we would appreciate it if you would refer to the following paper:
- W. J. Palenstijn, K. J. Batenburg, and J. Sijbers, “Performance improvements for iterative electron tomography reconstruction using graphics processing units (GPUs)”, Journal of Structural Biology, vol. 176, issue 2, pp. 250-253, 2011, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsb.2011.07.017
The ASTRA Toolbox is open source under the GPLv3 license.